Skip to main content

Fish Fry, Domestic Violence Seminar, CFCFC at Philippians (Pastoral Emphasis for 3/16)

Mark your calendars: The Worship Ministry will host a Musical Concert featuring the Winston-Salem State University Choir on April 13th, at 4:00pm. To support this event, the Worship Ministry is raising funds with a Fish Fry on Friday, March 21st, from 3 to 7pm, and on Saturday, March 22nd, from 2 to 6pm. The event will take place at 8500 Chapel Hill Road. Worship Ministry will be taking Pre-Orders. Contact Bro. Spence Martin or the church office.



We're partnering with the Deltas again on Saturday, March 22nd, at 11am for a community outreach event focusing on Domestic Violence. The Worship Ministry will be ministering and I will be giving a brief presentation on how the Gospel applies to domestic violence. If you know of anyone who has been affected by domestic violence, invite them or if you want a better understanding on how to help someone deal with it, come out. All are welcome.

Our friends at Philippians Community Church will be celebrating their 15th Church Anniversary this weekend. On Friday, 3/21, Pastor Larry Snead and Christ First Christian Fellowship Center will be ministering at Philippians at 7pm. Our Mt. Zion family is invited to show support for Pastor Snead and Bishop Ellis.  See the flyer for more info.


The next Elder-led Prayer will be held on Tuesday, March 25th, from 6 to 7pm. We will be focusing on praying for healing. All are welcome as we pray for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.