Skip to main content

Bereavement Process, Mask Policy, Return to Church (Pastoral Emphasis for 10/31)

Here are a few items from our Church Family Meeting today...


Due to the recent number of bereavements, I want to remind everyone of our Bereavement Process. Members should inform their Deacon and/or the church office of death in their family (in particular a spouse, child, parent, grandparent, or very close relative). The deacon or church office will reach out to the member to discern how the church can best serve the member during this time of loss (we'll gather information about arrangements for Homegoing/Memorial Service, Funeral Home recommendations, etc.). During this contact, we also want to know if the announcement of the bereavement will be private (where only Leadership is informed) or public (announced to the entire congregation). As a church family, let's all support those who are grieving regardless of how well you might know the person. 

An early reminder that Daylight Savings ends next weekend. So if you have any clocks that need manual adjusting, set them back an hour on Saturday night. 

I'm thankful that COVID cases and hospitalizations are trending down. Although the Town of Cary has removed the indoor mask mandate, Mt. Zion is going to continue to ask everyone to wear their masks in the building. The CDC is still recommending that masks be worn in crowded spaces indoors. As usual, we'll continue monitoring the trends, CDC recommendations, and reevaluate our mask policy. 

I want to continue to encourage everyone to return to in-person worship. There are just some things that cannot be experienced virtually. We serve a God who didn't just redeem us from afar but come down in a physical body to redeem us through Jesus Christ. Worshipping virtually is a good alternative when one cannot attend but it is not a substitute for in-person worship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.