Skip to main content

My Hope Sunday Recap & Next Steps

God did far more than we asked for or could imagine on My Hope Sunday! If you missed the service, you can watch the entire service when it's posted in our archives or check out my recap below.

RSS or Email Subscribers click through to see the video

Since making the video, I've gotten a report that at least three people came forward to trust Christ and are candidates for baptism and two people rededicated their lives back to Christ. And three of them are also joining the church.  All praises to God!

So where do we go from here? What are the next steps?

Follow-up and continue to have conversations with your guests that attended the service. Ask them what they thought of the service and the sermon. Share your testimony of how God saved you. Engage them in gospel conversation. Keep praying for them.

If your guest came to saving faith (on Sunday or afterwards), start the discipleship process with them. Setup a regular time with them so that you can take them through the basics of the Christian faith. We have follow-up material called "Your New Life in Christ" that you can download for free and use. Or you can use other discipleship material that you might already have. One resource that I have used and highly recommend is "Discipleship Essential: A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ" by Greg Ogden.

You can also do follow-up/discipleship with those who rededicated their lives back to Christ. Reviewing the basics of the Christian faith is a great way to start and then transitioning to areas or topic that they might struggle with or have questions about. The best thing is to walk with them and hold them accountable in their restored faith walk.

If your invited guest did not attend on Sunday, continue to invite them to church. Share the My Hope sermon with them. Continue to witness and pray for them.

Making disciples is what we are commissioned to do. So let's continue to plant the seed of God's Word, water it, and trust that God will give the increase.

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth."
(1 Corinthians 3:7 ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.