Skip to main content

My Hope Sunday, Virtual Prayer Rally, EQUIP Conference (Pastoral Emphasis for 3/13)

Today was My Hope Sunday where we welcomed many guests that members invited to join us for this church service. My message was "Hope in the Lord" from Psalm 33:17-22. There are many things in this world that are tempting for us to place our hope in. But we must avoid false hopes. Our hope must be in God's steadfast love. Only God can deliver and save us. One day we all must face judgment and only by faith in Jesus Christ will we be delivered from our deserved punishment to receive eternal salvation. Our hope waits for the Lord. In times like these, we can place our hope in the Lord.

Our next Virtual Prayer Rally is Tuesday from 7 to 8pm. In light of all that's happening in the world, we'll be praying through Acts 1:8... 
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 
Join us on Webex. If you can't attend, submit your prayer requests online via our Prayer Request form



The EQUIP Conference is happening this Friday evening and Saturday morning (March 18-19). The conference is focused on equipping people for evangelism and discipleship. We'll have talks, lectures, panel discussions, and free books and swag for those who register and attend in person. Please register ASAP so we can plan and have the swag ready. You can register in Realm and on Eventbrite. Registration on Realm closes tomorrow but you can still register on Eventbrite please do so by Wednesday.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.