Skip to main content

Jesus is the answer to cancer

We live in a sin-cursed, fallen world.  Because of sin, our bodies are fragile and decaying.  Disease afflicts many of us and our loved ones.  Cancer is once again hitting our church family at Mt. Zion.  Deaconess Cythnia who had already fought this disease earlier is now facing a new fight, one that we will fight along with her.

But I'm so encouraged by her email below that she gave me permission to share.  It is full of the Gospel hope of Jesus Christ.  I hope that it encourages you to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus no matter what circumstances life brings your way.  Jesus is our only hope!



“I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead.  I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!”  Philippians 3: 10-11 NLT 

Dear family and friends, it is with mixed emotions that I share news of the “war” to which I am engaged in again.  Cancer!  Yes, it has returned to attack my brain.  So I stand, dressed in the whole armor of God, through faith in Christ Jesus, ready to fight.  We will all experience suffering, but pray that we suffer with him, not because of disobedience and ungodly living.

But JESUS is my answer to cancer, for I know that this “battle” is his and the victory is already won!  I pray that in my weakness, his strength will be revealed, and fill me with power and confident hope to tell of his immeasurable grace and his tender mercies that abound forever.  Because Christ suffered for me and called me into his glorious light, I am determined to keep his commands unto the very end.  So, whether I live, I live for Christ, and if I die, it’s better because I have eternal life.

Preparing for the Promise
Lord, we thank You that You are God alone.  We know that You are Sovereign and nothing takes You by surprise.  Teach us to get prepared, stay prepared, and be prepared to receive the joy of Your promises.  Whether they be now or later, we count them as though they already were, because of the blessed assurance we have in You.  In Jesus Name, AMEN!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.