Skip to main content

The Gospel Primer, NYE Service, Merry Christmas (Pastoral Emphasis for 12/24)

We will not have Elder-led Prayer or Bible Study on Wednesday. Bible Study will resume on 1/3/18 with a new series called the Gospel Primer. We will dig into the Gospel to see how the Good News of Jesus Christ transforms our lives.

 
Everyone is invited to join us for our New Year's Eve service on next Sunday starting at 10pm. Also, Wolf's Backyard Cuisine food truck will be setup after the service.

There are 53 Sundays this year and we had thought that would only be 51 Sundays in 2018 so we were going to end our fiscal year on 12/30. But it turns out that there are a full 52 Sundays in 2018, so we can end our fiscal year on 12/31. So your giving on 12/31 will be counted for 2017. Sorry about any confusion.

Have you ever been to a birthday party where you didn't know the person having the birthday. You can enjoy the party and its benefits (cake, dancing, etc) but it's hallow when you don't have a relationship with the birthday person. But when you know the birthday person, the birthday celebration is so much richer. It seems to me that a lot of people enjoy the benefits of Christmas without really knowing the person whose birthday we are celebrating. As you enjoy holiday gatherings and opening presents, don't forget that we're celebrating Jesus' birth! God who came in flesh. I pray that you have a relationship with the Savior.

Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.