Skip to main content

Pray for the President, Elder-Led Prayer, Health Fair (Pastoral Emphasis for 1/22)

We have a new President and it grieves my heart to read some of the hateful things being said by Christians. No, I don't think Trump is qualified but if I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, how I talk about someone (and what I post on social media) matters.
"A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart." Luke 6:45 (NLT)
My wife said, "We should not get too hung up on who sits in the oval office and be more concerned with 'what' is in the 'oval office of our hearts". Even if you consider President Trump to be your enemy, we are called to love our enemies. And since Trump is our President (Yes, he is regardless if you want to admit it or not), we are exhorted to pray for him.
"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (ESV)
It's hard to hate someone and pray for them at the same time. So we repented of any hatred or ungodly thoughts toward President Trump. We also prayed for him to be genuinely saved, to have the wisdom to lead this country and represent all people, and protection for him and his family.


We're having Elder-led Prayer on Wednesday, January 25th, from 6 to 7 pm. Everyone is invited to join us as we focus on specific prayer needs. If you are not able to attend, you can submit them online.

Then join us again on Wednesday at 7 pm for our Bible Study series called the Journey. This Wednesday, we'll look at the importance of knowing God and spending time with Jesus.  I will also give some practical things to help you with your prayer life and how to study the Bible.

Mt. Zion is partnering with the Deltas and Omegas for the Annual Health Fair on Saturday, January 28th, from 9 am to 4 pm. Dental appointments are available the day of the event.

Next Sunday, we're having our Church Family Meeting right after the church service. We'll have our ministry update for the year. All members are asked to attend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.