Skip to main content

Prayer 2012, Last Quarter for Radical Love, Children Serving the Community (Pastoral Emphasis for 10/14)

For those who have signed up to attend Prayer 2012 on Tuesday: Sis. Tammy Larkins has your tickets. You will need your ticket to get in (no exceptions). If you are not able to attend, please let me or Sis. Larkins know and we can make your ticket available to others. Parking is $7 so carpooling is a good idea. I suggest meeting at Mt. Zion at 6pm to carpool to the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium.

This is the last quarter for our Radical Love initiative. This quarter will be a combination of all the previous projects: Know Thy Neighbor, Serve Thy Neighbor, Invite Thy Neighbor, and Witness to Thy Neighbor.  So from now until the end of the year, we will be challenged to get to know our neighbors, serve them, invite them to church, and share the Gospel with them.

The Children's Ministry has planned an outreach opportunity for you and your children to serve the community. We will volunteer for the Brown Bag Ministry at St. Andrew's Church on Saturday. We will assemble bag lunches at the church and then travel to Moore Square to distribute lunches to those in need. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate to our children how we put our faith in action. I know that our children our often busy with activities on Saturday but make an effort to participate in some part even if you can't do the whole event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.