Skip to main content

Family & Friends Day Reflection & Other Emphasis

We have a great Family & Friends Day on this past Sunday. We had many guests to join us so the church was packed and a few who joined us on Zion Live. We worshiped in song and our Fine Arts Ministry demonstrated how important it is for the Body to work together to accomplish the goal that God has given us.

We shared our Faith in Action campaign with our guest. I detailed how our members are volunteering to serve our community by picking up trash, serving the homeless food, cleaning at nursing homes, building & gardening, etc. On Oct. 11, we will gather for about one hour then close down our service and go put our faith into action by serving in these areas.

During the sermon, I had the privilege to share that all people want to have purpose and put their faith in something. What we put our faith in will determine our actions and how we live. But too often, we put our faith in earthly treasures that fail us and do not last. We must put our faith in something that truly matters and that is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We had a couple of people to come forward to join our church family and I was able to pray for many individuals after the call to discipleship.

It was raining in the morning, but it stopped and the sun was out by the time service was over and we were able to eat and fellowship outside. Everyone was enjoying themselves despite the fact that we only seem to have Pepsi products to drink! Many thanks to the Hospitality Ministry for cooking and serving. The children seemed to enjoy themselves running around and playing. It was truly a great day.

Other items of emphasis...
  • Our Youth Unity Basketball Team ended their season on Saturday so we recognized our teen boys who played and Coach Spence Martin for all of their hard work.
  • Our New Members are invited to attend a Pastor's Tea on this Friday, from 7:00pm to 8:30pm. This will give me an opportunity to personally share the vision of our church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.