Skip to main content

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie!

I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory!

Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church.
I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was having a situation and I wondered why what I was getting was not enough for me...I told her that I need more. She replied that until I allowed myself the chance to peal back those ugly layers that I dont want anyone to see and allow God to heal my heart and enjoy being in love with him and through him truly love me that it would never be enough.
She then said that she was going to watch the service online "live"! I said, "You can do that?" So I begin to watch and the Pastor reinforced what we were saying to each other.
If you have problems trusting because so many people have walked out on you, put your trust in HIM for he is a God that does not know how to fail!
I believe and have received it!
On this day, I have felt closer to home than I have in a long time. I WILL be tuning in from now on via the internet to catch the message.
Please know that your work is not in vain. God is a Good God and he will bless you no matter where you are...How do I know? I know because he blessed me through your church at 1:00 in the morning in Tokuyama, Japan.
Be Blessed,
Shaniqua N. Bizzell


The College/Young Adult Ministry is hosting a "Skits and Pizza" event on Friday, July 31st at 7:00pm. There will be performances of events from the Bible, inspirational presentations, and open discussion. All ages are invited to come out and enjoy some food and fellowship!

Comments

Sandra said…
Thank you Pastor for sharing. This is an awesome testimony. I also watched online. I have family members who are not where I am in the Lord. That's OK. I know they received the message from the Lord online too. They may not know it but I can see Him drawing them closer to Him everyday.

Thank you also Pastor for spreading the gospel anyway you can.

Sanddra

Popular posts from this blog

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.