Skip to main content

Need photos from Couples Ball, Community Evangelism, Gift of Heritage (Pastoral Emphasis from 2/15)

Our youth (ages 13-17) had their first Youth Enrichment Service on Sunday and the word I'm hearing is that they really enjoyed it. I was told a few teens had rededicated their lives back to God.

Everyone that attended the Couples Sweetheart's Ball on Valentine's Day had a great time. There was a lot of dancing going on! So if anyone has photos that they want to share, please send them to our web admin so we can post them on our photo gallery!

As you know, the primary part of our vision is to spread the Gospel. To that end, we've renamed one of our Outreach sub-ministries from "Discipleship" to the more accurate "Community Evangelism". As the name suggests, this ministry evangelizes to the community (whether by doing door-to-door or other methods). If you have the gift of evangelism, then you should really check this ministry out. Please see the ministry director, Minister Amekuedi, to get involved.

Don't forget that our "The Gift of Heritage" Program will be held on Sat., Feb. 21st at 1.00pm. Everyone is invited to attend and invite others you know to the program.

On next Sunday, we will donate the love offering to support Convoy of Hope. Also, there's a sign-up sheet available at the Welcome Center for those who wish to volunteer for food service at Convoy of Hope. Stay tuned for other opportunities to get involved with this great outreach event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.