Skip to main content

Church-Wide Prayer, Happy Thanksgiving, Tayon for Apex (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/19)

Please pray for the following needs in our church family:

  • Sister Kim Roberts’ father who is currently in the ICU unit in NY recovering from pancreatic surgery. 
  • Sis. Mary Bailey, whose brother has passed away 
  • Deacons Blango and Hardaway both had surgical procedures last week. Pray for their recovery. 
  • Bro. John Thorne will have surgery on his back on 12/11. This will be a critical surgery necessary for him to walk, and it will be near his spine. 

 

We welcome Bro. Isiah Smith who came forward last week to trust in Christ as his personal Savior, get baptized, and join the church.

 

Please join the Deaconess Ministry for our last Church-Wide Prayer Rally of the year on Tuesday, 11/21, at 7 pm. The focus will be healing and thanksgiving. Struggling and illness will come, but we can be thankful to God, and praise Him through it all! 

 

There's no Bible Study on Wednesday due to Thanksgiving Eve

 

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. There are many families who will have an unoccupied seat at their tables, and for others, their tables will not bethe same as previous Thanksgiving gatherings. As we come together with loved ones, let's take a moment to pray for those facing challenges, grief, and pain.

 

 

It was my pleasure to publicly acknowledge Evangelist Tayon Dancy for running an uncompromising campaign for Apex Town Council despite the lies and slander about her character. We are proud of her. And God's not through with this area of her life!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.