Skip to main content

Christianity 101, 155th Celebration Trailer, Outdoor Services (Pastoral Emphasis for 9/27)


Next Sunday, we're starting a new series called Christianity 101 where we're going to review some of the basic beliefs that Christians have or should have. This will be great series to invite others especially those who have questions about Christianity. 


This year, Mt. Zion is celebrating 155 years. Check out this trailer for our upcoming celebration.


The virtual celebration will take place Sunday, 10/18 at 4pm on Zion Live, Facebook, YouTube, and Periscope


My Hope Sunday is October 11th. We want every member to invite at least one unbeliever or unchurched person to join us for that service. Start praying for those you plan to invite. I'll be sending out a digital invitation that you can use to invite and share.


Starting October 11th, we will start having service outdoors. Here are some details regarding the service:
  • We'll have service at the front of the building in the parking lot.
  • We'll provide seating at honors physical distancing but you can bring your own chairs or sit in your car.
  • Even though we'll be outside, masks or face coverings are recommended if you get closer than 6 feet to others outside of your family. We will provide disposable masks for those who need one.
  • The church building will be closed except for use of the restrooms. Masks are recommended when going inside.
  • If you don't feel comfortable with coming out, we will still be broadcasting the service online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.