Skip to main content

Youth Sunday, 2018 Youth Explosion, New Elder Candidate (Pastoral Emphasis for 7/29)

Today was our Youth Sunday with our children leading us in worship by presiding, reading Scripture, praying, singing, and bringing the message. All of the kids did a great job. Miss Lydia Sallis brought a short but powerful message from ​John 1:9-13 entitled "This Little Light Of Mine".

Bereavement: Minister of Music Spence Martin's older brother passed on Saturday morning after a short battle with illness. Please keep him and the family in your prayers.


It’s almost time for the 2018 Youth Explosion. We need your help to make this year’s explosion an even bigger success than our inaugural event last year. If you are interested in serving on the Youth Explosion Team, please contact Jakayla Allen or Tracy Dunn for more details.

We had our Church Family Meeting after the service. I will have a separate post on some of the important items that were mentioned but I'm pleased to share that Bobby Dunn will become an Elder candidate. We're excited to have him bring his gifts to our elder team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.