Skip to main content

From the Pit to the Pinnacle of Praise

Psalm 40:1-3 (NIV): "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD."

Waiting for God to help us is not easy. David knew this full well. David waited patiently for the Lord. We can be sure God is aware of our need. Nothing escapes God's view nor takes Him by surprise. We may think He doesn't care, but He is there. God sees us when we are in the pit.

Jesus came to seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10: "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." When we’re sinking, God is seeking. The Shepherd seeks His wandering sheep.

But God awaits the call of all sinking ones. He will answer and lift you up…right on time! God sets our feet on the solid Rock and brings purpose to our lives. Psalms 27:5: "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock."

When we've been saved, God gives us a song. He will put a new song in our mouths.

It is not a sorrowful song, but it is a song of praise.
It is praise for answered prayer.
It is praise for being lifted out of the horrible pit.
It is praise for escaping the miry clay.
It is praise for being set on the solid Rock.
It is praise for a new life built on the promises of God.

When we start praising, people start praying. Praising saints make praying sinners. Praise proves the reality of our faith. Praise demonstrates the power of God's love and grace. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.

Those in pits of miry clay long to be lifted to safety. They want something solid on which to build their lives. They long to place their feet on the solid Rock. Praise can be a very effective witness! Pouting Christians are poor representatives of their Lord. Praising Christians are missionaries wherever they go.

Have you been lifted from the pit of sin? Have you been taken out of the pit of despair? Has Jesus filled your heart with songs of joy? Then prepare to welcome others into the fellowship of praise.

But if you are still sinking in a pit…will you let God take you from the pit to the pinnacle of praise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.