Skip to main content

Triangle Harvest '07


The above picture really sums up the powerful move of the Holy Spirit as people poured out onto the floor of the RBC center to give their lives to Christ. Participating in the Triangle Harvest has been a wonderful experience. I had the privilege of being a counselor for two nights (I watched the webcast on Saturday night) and it was great to be on the floor seeing so many people accepting the free gift of salvation. I thank God for using Greg Laurie to deliver a relevant message each night.

As it was mentioned, there were about 230 area churches working together to bring Harvest to the Triangle. Despite any cultural or denominational differences, we all had one thing in common...wanting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be presented to the lost. It was also great to experience different styles of worship at the various churches where the impact classes were being held.

I loved seeing a lot of the young people praising God at Harvest. I pray that more of the youth at Mt. Zion would freely praise God like the young boy in this picture.

About 2,470 people accepted Christ during the Harvest weekend! To God be the glory. It is so good to see lives transformed. Now the local churches must reach out to these new believers to begin discipling them into mature Christians.

My prayer is for the follow-up process with these new believers and that the unity and fellowship among the area churches would not end with Harvest. When the Body of Christ comes together on one accord, there's no limit to what we can do together to build up the Kingdom of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.