Skip to main content

Pastoral Emphasis from 5/7

The following sermons are available for download from our website: “It’s Time to Build the Lord’s House” (I detail 10 principles needed to properly build God's House) and “What is Hell Do You Want?” (I explain the realities of Hades and Hell and how Jesus has given us the victory over them).

May is the last month for the first phase of our Sacrificial Giving program. We want to have 100% participation from our active members. So if you have not given anything yet, now i s the time!

2 Cor. 8:7-8: “But just as you excel in everything--in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us--see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.”

We must also excel in the grace of giving. And when we read Mark 12:41-44, we understand that the value of a gift is not determined by its amount, but by the spirit in which it is given. The manner of giving is worth more than the gift. A gift given grudgingly or for recognition loses its value. When you give, remember—gifts of any size are pleasing to God when they are given out of gratitude and a spirit of generosity.

Giving sacrificially means giving above your comfort level and trusting God to provide for your needs. A lack of trust in God keeps many people from giving and receiving the blessings that come from giving. Too many people trust their finances more than they trust God.

Some people are going to miss their blessing if they do not give sacrificially by the end of May. Don't wait until the building starts coming up to give. Give now...for we walk by faith and not by sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code, Spreading the Gospel to Japan, Skits & Pizza (Pastoral Emphasis from 7/26)

Thanks to all who came out to the Church Family Meeting. Our focus is reach the lost with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though we don't have a formal dress code at church, I think we have an unspoken one. Our guest may perceive a dress code based on what they see on the stage from leadership. So in order to remove any barriers that might prevent some from visiting us or feeling comfortable in our service, the leadership will dress a little more casual. We will try this out until the end of the year and then evaluate. So don't be surprised when you see me not wearing a tie! I shared the following email that we got via our website to show that we are spreading the Gospel worldwide. To God be the glory! Greetings Mt. Zion Church Family...Today is July 27, 2009 and I would like to share the blessing that I have received from your church. I was talking to my very dear sister, soror, friend Sis Brandi Hancock and she and I were having a heart to heart. I told her that I was

One Life Saved

The Bible declares that all life is valuable. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). Here's the story of one life saved....

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Guests, Happy Veterans Day, T2 TEA (Pastoral Emphasis for 11/12)

Today, the brothers from two chapters of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity worshipped with us. They graciously blessed us with a donation.    Yesterday was Veterans Day. Happy Veterans Day to all who served our country.   Ladies, you are invited to the next Titus 2 TEA for a time of Teaching, Encouraging and Affirming.